Putting this room together was my favorite way to prepare for our baby. When we first bought our home, we were blessed to inherit a lot of hand-me-down furniture & freebies, so this was the first room I was able to design from scratch. Our guest room/office quickly became my place of solitude & rest while it slowly transformed into a nursery. It was the place I would spend time perfectly folding all the tiny baby clothes & when I would wake up early in the morning (ugh—pregnancy insomnia), it was the place I would sit reading & praying for the little man growing inside me. Overtime this room wasn’t my oasis because of how “cute” it was, it was sacred.
Now I think about all of the life that has happened in that room in the four months since Jet was born. The diapers, the late-night feedings, the moments turned to hours spent gazing at our boy—this room is a place where love lives each & every day.
This journey of motherhood hasn’t been easy, but I thank God every day that He saw fit to bless Ryan & I with such a perfect boy.
Here is a rundown of my favorite pieces of Jet’s room:
• Crib & Glider: Babies”R”Us
• Crib Sheets & Changing Pad Cover: Land of Nod
• Dresser, Mirror & Chest of Drawers: Inherited from my Great Grandma Ann (whom I am named after)
• Quilt: Made for Jet by my sister
• Wooden Sign: Made for Jet by my mom
• “Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep” Sign: Gifted to Jet by my grandma; it hung in my dad’s room when he was a baby
• Black Plane Prints: Sketched by Ryan & gifted to Jet for Christmas
• Pretty much everything else: Target… duh!